Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter in the City

Mother Nature greeted Boston this weekend with a foot of snow which changed getting around the city. Tonight on my way home from work a subway train on the Redline at the Charles MGH T-stop was disabled which necessitated me looking for and sharing a cab with another stranded commuter. It was an opportunity for people in the city who normally are speechless. My new acquaintance, Karen, works at the hospital and was on her way home too. The cabbie was playing a Lionel Richie CD which brought memories of dancing to "All Night Long" at the end of a week of yoga "training" - Summer Pranification - in Los Angeles in July.

My return home did not complete at the end of the cab ride as I was on my way to a 5:45pm yoga class. Unfortunately, I was too late, so I went Christmas gift shopping and dining at Anna's Taqueria. I thought that I could easily catch the #83 bus back to Inman Square but nothing is easy when it snows.

I've never had good luck with the bus and tonight was like other experiences waiting for the bus. I grew cold and tired at Porter Square bus stop and took the subway to Harvard hoping for better luck with the #69 bus which was an even colder wait. My feet losing sensation prompted me to find a cab.

Only a hot shower brought back feeling in my hands and feet and I'm grateful for the comfort of my warm apartment.

More adventures tomorrows as the snow will be here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment